Staples is the world\’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. Founded in 1986, and today has an annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world of eCommerce sales. With 90,000 associates worldwide, Staples has a presence in more than 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Bringing it easy to offices and consumers everywhere!
Our Business to Business department, Advantage, serves offices of all sizes across the globe, from twenty-person organizations to Fortune 500 companies.
In Belgium, we are looking for the best candidate to lead the bidteam and to write first class tenders.
As a Bid Teamlead/Tender writer you will be part of the Commercial Team reporting to the Commercial Manager Benelux and responsible for developing winning bids by effective coordination of all operational and commercial stakeholders, by writing successful narratives, responding to customer questions and creating successful pricing. You are the counterpart of sales, ensuring delivery of the best tender quality Staples can offer to the customer whilst maintaining profitability.
- Delivering the most competitive bids with margins that support the acquisition of profitable new business and development of existing business.
- Preparing timely and high quality (re) tender responses, in liaison with key stakeholders.
- Write tender narratives and project proposals.
- Managing a best in class team of bidding and pricing experts to support the Sales Teams
Are you passionate about the creative use of numbers to drive sales? Are you a number cruncher with excellent communicative skills? Than this is the job for you!
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Margin / pricing experience desirable
- Proven record in leading teams en people development
- Strong analytical skills, Excellent skills with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Commercial spirit: use creativity to win the business while maintaining profitability.
- Highly organised, with ability to manage tight deadlines, with excellent attention to detail
- Must have the interpersonal skills and maturity to be able to effectively work and interact with internal and external customers at all company levels
- Strong Communicator —ability to read, write and speak Dutch and French at a high proficiency level. English is highly desired.
- Proven aptitude for written and verbal communication
- Ability to create innovative and creative tender responses