Last year, as the first magazine worldwide, we published an overview of the biggest office furniture manufacturers in Europe and North America. Meanwhile, a year later, we have decided to publish a revised list with the latest available information. In addition, we extended the overview to 50 companies in North America and 50 in Europe, and the European list has been cleaned up.
Difference between North-America and Europe
Just like last year, there is one striking difference between the 50 largest office furniture manufacturers in North America and those in Europe. Where there are virtually no medium-sized manufacturers in America (the companies in the top 50 are either very large or relatively small) Europe does not have very large manufacturers.
The largest European manufacturer would just fall in the top 10 in North America. Conversely, 19 companies in the tail of the American list would not be big enough to appear in the European list. See the table below with the number of manufacturers per turnover group.
|Number of companies in North America
|Turnover in Mln €
|Number of companies in Europe
This overview is based on Woodworkingnetwork’s top 300 furniture companies for the manufacturers in North America and the FEMB top 100 for European companies. From the European list manufacturers with an American origin are not included. In addition, in contrast to last year, the total turnover of the companies is included and not turnover that has only been realized in Europe.
Top 50 largest office furniture manufacturers in North America and Europe
- All turnovers in mln €
- Conversion rate $-€ = 1 : 0,86
- Izzy+ is in the woodworkinglist, but has seized activities so the company is removed from our list
- The mentioned USA turnovers are realised in 2017. The turnover of the European companies is the last known, and is not always from 2017
- All companies have a link to their OfficeRepublic company profile. Via their profile you can visit their website
- header image: (C) C+P Möbelsysteme